Soup du Jour:
Today we look at a “clump” of three books about longing for a dog.
Ingredients (books discussed):
Suggested Side Dishes (related books):
- The Stray Dog (Marc Simont; 2003 Harper Collins)
- The Trouble with Tilly Trumble (Lynn Manuel & Diane Greenseid; 2006 Abrams Books )
- “Let’s Get a PUP!” said Kate (Bob Graham; 2003 Candlewick Press)
- A Very Unusual Dog (Dorothy Joan Harris & Kim LaFave; 2006 Scholastic)
- Hank and Fergus (Susin Nielsen-Fernlund & Louise-Andree Laliberte; 2003 Orca Books)
- The Hound from the Pound (Jessica Swaim & Jill McElmurry; 2007 Candlewick Press)
Jump into Today’s Soup (feedback):
Join the conversation by clicking the Comments link below or sending an email to email@example.com.
Second Helpings (transcript of podcast):
Our first child was a dog — a spunky border collie/black lab named Pepper – and we loved her.
A child and a half later, though, with me eight months pregnant, Mark suddenly “between jobs”, major home renovations underway and an energetic twenty month old to chase after, something had to give and that something, unfortunately, was Pepper.
There were tears all around when we said good-bye to our beloved pooch but our then twenty-month-old daughter rebounded beautifully. And that, we thought, was the end of that.
We thought wrong.